Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Always the New Experience

Hugues picked me up from school yesterday on his motorcycle. Of course I chose that day to wear a dress to the Rotary meeting. When he saw my face, he said he would drive slowly, but, as we all know, everything is relative. It is safe to say, Daddy, that your little girl will not be running off with any bikers in this lifetime. I could not stop thinking the entire ride about all the carbon monoxide-filled exhaust I was breathing (that I wouldn't in a car) and how I was absolutely sure the bike would flip or run into a car when we turned. I survived, nevertheless, without a single scratch or bruise. Every day here is a new adventure.
The reason M. Polveche had picked me up from school was to take me to a Rotary dinner that we attended at seven. There were probably around twenty to thirty members attending (three of whom were women). I'm not really sure what was the subject of the evening, but I think it had something to do with notaries and a scholarship. At the end the former Director (Principal) of Lycee Saint Paul told a joke.
Here is the basic summary: Three grandchildren spent the night at their grandmother's house. When telling her goodnight, they were all naked. When she asked why they wore no clothes, they responded that nudity was the new pajamas. The grandmother showed her husband her "new pajamas" and he asked why she hadn't ironed them.
I am almost 100 percent sure that that has nothing what so ever to do with notaries.
Even though the Rotary meeting did not end late at night, I still spent the night at Hugues's in his daughter Sara's room again.

1 comment:

  1. Good. No dating of bikers, tatoo artists, wearers of body piercings, boys with hair longer than yours or anyone who thinks a real job is living at home and playing video games. However, you have my permission to learn how to drive a motorcycle. Nothing sexier than a smart girl on a Harley. I love you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete