Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Aquarium

So, French+ perm+double hour Economie+Espagnol+Subway Sandwich+double hour Histoire-Geo=my Friday. I read my introduction in Spanish, and my teacher didn't even wait for me to tell her I was bored with the level. She told me at the beginning of class that she would find me an upper class. I now am taking a Terminale (Senior) Spanish class every other Saturday along with my regular 1ere Spanish classes. It was annoying, though, (not everyone else, but myself) because the people sitting around me kept on asking me how to say words in Spanish, but they asked in French, and it took me fifteen minutes to sort through the three languages to find the right word.
In Histoire-Geo we watched a clip of Charlie Chaplin because he appeared in a film that included aspects regarding the Industrial Revolution. In Histoire-Geo I learned that there is no Nobel Peace Prize for Math because Nobel's wife cheated on him and left him for a mathematitian. I think I had a sixth sense about that. I mean, why would I want to work hard at doing something when I can't even win a Nobel prize for it?
At seven o'clock tonight, Sabine dropped me of at M. Polveche's dentist office. We went to the Aquarium in Arras. I was so incredibly pumped because I LOVE fish and aquariums! Guess what? The Aquarium is the name of a hotel. How disappointing! On the brighter side, I met a lot of exchangers and rebounds (Frenchies returning from their year abroad). We had loads of fun and spoke mainly English. All I can say is that I'm so glad that I don't have to wear the French neon blue Rotary jacket! (not that mine is that much better) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment