Saturday, September 18, 2010

LV2 en Terminale

I spent the night at Hugues's house last night in his daughter Sara's room (she's already either in college or the real world). This morning, since M. Polveche is a dentist, he gave me seven mini-tubes of toothpaste! Unfortunately, since Hugues works in Lens, he had to drop me off at school at 7h45, and no one shows up until after 8h00.
I learned in Sciences-Po this morning that cheesecake does not exist in France! I do not know how the people here can survive without cheesecake! In Economie my teacher asked me a question, and I answered it correctly! Today was my first day of my Terminale (Senior)Espagnol class! Thankfully, I saw a girl that I already knew in the hallway in front of the classroom named Sara and sat next to her. When I sat down, the teacher looked at me funnily, then smiled and made me stand up to present myself to the class. I asked whether they wanted it in French or Spanish. I endend up having to explain in both. I really hope I get better at switching between the two! I like this class so much better than the other! The environment is much more energized, and the students participate a lot more. They are also more inquisitive and friendlier. We also studied a text, like I did yesterday, but I retained much more information from today. I think I'm going to ask to see if I can skip Anglais (every other Saturday at the same time as Espagnol) since I already speak it to take this class every week!
Sabine, Christophe, and I went on a walk in the marais (swamp) today. It's beautiful but happily not very swamp-like since it has not rained excessively recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment