Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Bus Situation

Not that I was expecting any, but there are no yellow school buses in France. The public transportation system here is really good, and I wish it felt as safe back in the States. The one negative part is that now that school has started going strong, more students are taking my bus, and I'm having to stand up every day on the ride home. It really doesn't bother me that much, but last week the driver went sixty miles an hour the entire trip, and I defied gravity at least three times. Even the people sitting down almost fell out of their seats. It was actually pretty fun, but only for one trip. I don't want to make a habit of falling in to people more than I have to. To avoid that today, I headed to the very back of the bus where there were miraculously three empty seats. Unfortunately, a girl was already sitting in the middle, separating them, and when I went to sit down, she informed me that those particular seats were already reserved. Uhm, excuuuse me, middle schooler? I am NOT paying a thirteen year old to sit. ANYONE is entitled to a good seat if they get there first. Nevertheless, my mind wasn't functioning well in French, so I just rolled my eyes and took my place, standing in the middle of the throng. At least the non-deodorant stereotype isn't always true here!

No comments:

Post a Comment