Thursday, September 2, 2010

La Rentree











Today was La Rentree des classes! Unlike my past experiences with half-days at school, today began at 1:45. Sabine dropped me off in front fifteen minutes early so I could get adjusted. I spotted, almost immediately, Alexia, who had come to Heloise's soiree on Monday. She proceeded to introduce me to all the people we passed. I can remember nobody's name. We hung out in the main open square area until the bell rang; then we descended some steps to the amphitheater (it really just looks like a large classroom with a small stage). M. Le Directeur talked for a few minutes, and then he called out first the teacher's name, then the students in the class. I am in 1ere ES 3 with my primary teacher being Mme. Groote. She is also the Histoire-Geographie teacher. There are twenty three students in my class. Mme. Groote introduced the class, took roll, read out our schedules (I will post mine when it is more firm), and then released us for a petite recreation. I spent the first half of the recre with Alexia and her friends. At 1:45 the students in my class had their pictures taken (still during recre). When I entered the picture-taking area and saw the rest of my class, a girl (whose name I do not know how to spell yet, but sounds like Souaia) told me that I could hang out with her and her group. She was so nice, and the other girls in the group who were in my class were very kind, too. Oh, and Pierre (my third host family brother) is in my class with me! We returned to class for another hour or so and then school finished at 4:45. Three of the girls in my class also take my bus (not the school bus, the real bus!) and walked with me to the stop. When I sat down in a seat just behind two of the girls, Mateo (the charmeur from Tuesday) came and sat next to me. He is a grand baryotneur, as Christophe puts it, or very talkative. This is a good thing, since I am not, at least not here in France. I walked home with Pierre, who lives two houses down from the Pecqueurs. Seeing as Heloise missed her bus (apparently it did not even pass by her school) I had to wait until Christophe drove her home to unlock the door. I did not wait long.

No comments:

Post a Comment