Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Delinquents

The Pastorale teacher was late to class this morning. As soon as the tardy bell rang, we all headed to the senior work room where I helped Margaux understand what we have done in Anglais for the past month. A quarter of an hour later, someone saw the teacher through the window, and we ended up having to finish the second half of the class during which we each questioned a partner chosen at random about her life and self-image.
We also partnered in Espagnol to write a dialogue about what servant women discuss when the men are not at home. In addition to giving us the dialogues to write, Mme. Holbecq also gave us back a DM piece that we had written. She gave me a fifteen out of twenty. I looked at the corrections on my paper and then corrected her on some of my corrections. She took my paper and changed the grade to a seventeen. I'm a little happier about that, but I still think that one of the other two errors that she marked is correct and that I should have received at least an eighteen or nineteen.
Mme. Blondel never showed up for Francais. For some reason, though, the door to her classroom was open, so instead of going to Perm like we were supposed to, we stayed in the classroom and talked. (We're not allowed to talk in Perm.) Half way through the "class" someone changed his mind and decided that we should go to Perm. The supervisor was furious when we all showed up thirty minutes late.
Our teacher for Economie had warned us that she had a doctor's appointment, so she might be a little late, but we didn't wait for her as long as we had waited for Mme. Blondel. I don't exactly know why, but we did not have to go to Perm for this hour. Instead, I moseyed about with Marie. In the foyer Constant came up to me and made me speak in French so his friend could hear my accent.
I'm glad that Marie is smart and a high-achiever because she made a study sheet for something in Maths, and it helped me so much when I copied it! On the other hand, this means that I didn't pay attention to the lesson since I was preocupied, but it was just a review of the homework for the most part, and I had gotten almost all of the questions right anyways.
In Histoire-Geo the Mme. DeGroote got semi-off-topic to discuss WASPs. No, not the bee but White Anglo-Saxon Protestants. It's always amusing when a teacher apologizes for her accent. She really can speak English quite well, though.
In SVT (Sciences) Maximilien sitting behind me answered almost all of the questions asked by Mme. Castelain. Eventhough I didn't say anything, I can proudly reflect that I knew the answer to every single one.

No comments:

Post a Comment