Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Mid-Day Thursday Bus-Stop Buddy

I have a new friend...I just don't know what her name is yet. I do know that she has two sons, two grandsons, and three granddaughters who are all in college or the real world except one who is fourteen. She is the same lady that I met last week at the bus stop. I have a feeling that she has a set routine of shopping at E. Leclerc and that I'll see her every Thursday from now on!
On the bus I saw some sketchy-looking guy roll a cigarette and throw it in the lap of the lady sitting across the asile from him. Off of the bus, I saw that she was actually smoking it. She also walked like a gorilla. I had to do a double-take to make sure she wasn't making fun of anybody near her, but she was alone and completely serious.
In English class we have moved on from Bend it Like Beckham to Bridget Jones's Diary. It's too bad that I haven't seen either of those movies. Oh, well!
I was hanging out with Marie during the end of the lunch period and one of her friends who I hadn't met yet came up to us. She kissed everyone in the circle, and then she held out her hand for me to shake. She was kidding but I thought she was serious because she knew that we don't really kiss that much in America. Apparently not because six minutes later I learned that she had had no clue that I was American. According to another friend of Marie, she's a fan of the US.
Double-hour P.E. was next. At least it was just ping-pong (I mean table-tennis because there's such a big difference). I started off at the third (out of eleven) table, got to the second, and ended at the fifth. It was so loud in there and the rules kept changing every five minutes, so I was lost and probably looking like a deer in the headlights most of the two hours. The P.E. class is comprised of my class and at least two others. I was surpised at how many people knew my name. I was not surprised that everyone knew that I was the exchange student who didn't know what was going on...

1 comment:

  1. You should be pretty good at Ping Pong. Just keep your eye on the ball and keep it low. Just like Forrest Gump. Dad loves you.

    ReplyDelete